Come Raise Your Game at the 14th Annual GPA Conference in Indianapolis!
In October, the 14th Annual Grant Professionals Association National Conference will be held in Indianapolis, Indiana (October 17-20, 2012). This year, the Grant Professionals Association (GPA) has cooked up a host of new and exciting workshop sessions to meet the needs of professionals with different levels of expertise. There will be something to suit every non-profit and grant professional.
This is a must-attend event for anyone involved with grant proposal preparation. An extensive workshop list offers expert advice from some of the nations most successful and accomplished grant writers. Workshop topics are wide ranging and are targeted to individuals with varying levels of experience of beginner, mid-level, and advanced.
Workshops will identify the skill tracks that align with each presentation’s topic. Skill tracks will include: Proposal Development – Planning, Grant Construction, Grant Management and Reporting, Communication Skills, Professional Ethics, Resource Knowledge/Grant Research, and more.
Special Interest Groups (SIG)
Special interest groups at the conference will include: Advocacy, Arts & Culture, Canadian, Consultants, Environmental, Faith-Based, Government, Grant Management, Healthcare, Higher Education, Human Services, International Development, K-12 Education, Law Enforcement, Libraries, Safety, Social Justice, Student and Tribal Nation.
Workshops will cover topics such as: Program Assessment, Steps to Becoming a Grant Writing Consultant, Program Development, Tactics for Enhancing Donor Loyalty, Fund Raising Strategies, and Proposal Development. Additionally, several of the workshops will focus on specific fields, such as education and faith based organizations.
Social networking events
The conference will also feature social networking opportunities.
- The Jeans and Jerseys Tailgate Event will be held at Lucas Oil Stadium, Home of Super Bowl XLVI. This premiere event will feature a dinner buffer, tours of the stadium, interactive games, and opportunity to network with your colleagues in the prestigious “Quarterback Suite” in the Lucas Oil Stadium. You won’t want to miss this event! This is a limited seating event so please make sure you secure your seat today by registering online at the GPA website. Ticket prices are $55.00. To purchase tickets, go to: 2012 Jeans and Jerseys Tailgate Event
- The conference will also feature daily walks on the Indianapolis Canal Walk downtown. These daily walks will surely give you a jump start to your fun-filled day of learning at the conference.
Attendees can also earn continuing education credits for attending this year’s conference through Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) International and through the Grant Professional Certification Institute (GPCI). Details on the types and assigned credits can be found on the GPA website.
This year’s conference will highlight some keynote and featured speakers, which include Stacy Palmer, Editor of the Chronicle of Philanthropy, Henry Berman, CEO of the Association of Small Foundation, Rod Helm, President of Grantwriting USA, Patrick Rooney, CEO of the nationally renowned Indiana University Center on Philanthropy and more!
More Reasons to Attend
If you aren’t convinced yet that you must attend this year’s conference, here are six special reasons to do so:
- You will have the opportunity to visit with sponsors and exhibitors that have super products and services to assist you in becoming a MVP of Grantsmanship!
- You will be wisely investing your time and talents to improve the efficiency of Be the best in your division by attending some of the 70 Workshops provided.
- Don't sit on the sidelines! Attend the Opening Session with our Keynote Speaker, Stacy Palmer, Editor of The Chronicle of Philanthropy.
- Takeaway valuable information from the general sessions with featured speakers.
- Bring your playbook to take notes during one of our Pre-Conference Workshops.
- Networking Opportunities with others in the grants profession will help take issues and score best practices.
The opportunity to meet and learn from this caliber of presenters will not be matched at any other venue. In today’s extremely competitive grant world, the organization that invests in the professional development of its grant writer increases its odds of receiving grant funding tremendously.
Registration for this conference is a small investment for the return of knowledge and increased competency that those attending will gain. To find our more information about the conference or register go to: 14th Annual GPA Conference.
We'll inform you about just-published articles, our upcoming books, professional Summits, live interviews, webinars, and more
Request Permission to Reprint This Article
Copyright © 1992-2020 CharityChannel LLC.