If you are serious about stepping up your game when it comes to raising money from your business community, then you’ll want to get both the book and the workbook, in this money-saving bundle.
The book, Raise More Money from Your Business Community: A Practical Guide to Tapping into Corporate Charitable Giving, is based on research and practical experience that will enable you to raise more money from your business community. It will help you:
- Identify the types of businesses likely to give
- Communicate with business leaders in a more compelling manner
- Involve volunteers from the business world in your fundraising activities
- Understand why businesses support their local communities and why some organizations are successful in their approaches to businesses and others are not.
- Reach beyond event sponsorship as a way to involve the business community.
- Understand the corporate/foundation relations fallacy and why it often does not work.
- Learn the secrets used by successful nonprofits when asking for money from businesses.
- Involve your board members in developing their business network for your organization.
- Plan an annual business appeal.
The companion workbook, Raise More Money from Your Business Community — The Workbook, provides practical tools to help you succeed in raising money from your local business community right away. You will learn to take the principles and tactics you learned in the book and put them to immediate use to help you raise more money from your business community now.
In this workbook, you will find practical tools, checklists, worksheets, and tips to help you build relationships with your local business leaders, prepare appropriate materials to share with decision makers, and plan your solicitation strategy.
The book will help you prepare a list of prospective business donors, understand which businesses give cash, gift-in-kind, volunteers, and matching gifts. You will learn to identify new opportunities and develop the relationships you already have. This workbook teaches you how to identify the decision makers and how to reach them.
You will learn how to develop a plan to turn away from the “tin-cup mentality” and create a powerful statement to show companies that you are significantly impacting your community and their bottom lines.
This workbook provides tools to help you will plan one-on-one cultivation and group cultivation activities to help you build the relationships that lead to dollars.
The book outlines a step-by-step approach to building an annual business appeal. You will also learn about the ethics and public relations value of good stewardship and develop a plan to provide the stewardship businesses need in order to maintain a relationship with your organization.