Fundraising is one of the hottest careers in the United States. So no, you are definitely NOT crazy! It is also probably one of the least understood careers, sometimes even by those who are in it. Fundraising as a Career: What, Are You Crazy? was written to enlighten anyone who wonders about a career in fundraising, wants to advance in their mid-stream fundraising career, or hire a development person onto staff:
- If you are interested in starting a fundraising career in the nonprofit world, Fundraising as a Career: What, Are You Crazy? gives you an insider’s view that will equip you for success. Linda Lysakowski helps you examine the many possibilities in the field of development and assess whether you have the right skills, personality, and enthusiasm for the job.
- The book is not just for those starting a career in fundraising. It’s also essential for those already in the career. If this is you, it will help you increase your chances of promotion, diversify your skills and talents, and find career satisfaction.
- Nonprofit employers looking to hire a development staff person, and wondering how do you find the right person, will find Fundraising as a Career immensely helpful. The book outlines the qualities to look for in a development person and how to invest in development in order to reap the rewards of a strong development office.
In Fundraising as a Career: What, Are Your Crazy? you will find:
- A list of the qualities that make a successful fundraiser
- Options for expanding your horizons be becoming a generalist or a specialist in one of the many areas of fundraising
- Help setting career goals for yourself
- Hints for getting ahead in this profession
- Help deciding when it’s time to move on–to a better position in another organization, to a higher level within your organization, into consulting, or leaving the profession altogether.