Capital Campaigns: Everything You NEED to Know is a practical, down-to-earth guide that will take the “pain” out of your capital campaign.
Is your organization considering a capital, endowment, or other major fundraising campaign? Do you work for or serve on the board of a nonprofit that is thinking about or ready to launch a capital campaign? Many organizations launch campaigns that disrupt the annual giving program, drain the staff, and fail to reach their goals for a number of reasons:
- The staff is not prepared to focus energies on the campaign and still maintain ongoing fundraising programs.
- The board does not realize that a campaign will require their time, attention, and financial resources if it is to succeed.
- The executive director is not willing or able to commit sufficient time to the campaign.
- Donors have not been educated about the community need this campaign will address.
- The organization has not taken sufficient time to cultivate relationships with major donor prospects.
- The organization does not have the infrastructure in place to manage a campaign.
- The organization tries to run a campaign without involving key community volunteers.
Launching your campaign prematurely can be the kiss of death. So you need to read this book before you get too far down the road. In fact, you should pick up the companion workbook, Are You ready for a Capital Campaign: Assessing Your Nonprofit’s Ability to Run a Major Fundraising Campaign and complete the workbook before you decide to launch a campaign.
In Capital Campaigns: Everything You NEED to Know you will learn how to position your organization’s campaign for success. After reading this book, you will understand what makes a case statement compelling, how to structure your campaign, how to budget for the campaign, and how to develop a realistic timeline. And you will be able to run a “painless” campaign.